Visit the Official Sacramento Area Mathematic Educators (SAME) website at www.csus.edu/coe/same.
The focus for the SAME Conference this year is Student Engagement: A Two-Way Street. Student and teacher engagement is critical for effective learning. In this year's conference, we will explore opportunities to increase engagement.
"One of the most interesting aspects of powerful teacher-student relationships is that they are forged by behavior and words as opposed to thoughts and feelings. Stated differently, it is not what a teacher thinks and feels about a particular student that forges a positive relationship with the student. Rather, it is how the teacher speaks to and behaves with the student that communicates respect and acceptance." (Dr. Marzano, The Highly Engaged Classroom)
- The SAME Conference will be held on March 2, 2019 from 9:30am to 3:00pm.
- The cost is $30 with SAME Membership or $20 if you've already paid your dues at Asilomar.*
(registrations after February 22nd will incur a $10 late fee)
- Payment options: Purchase Order, personal check, credit card (Visa or Mastercard)
- Cost includes 3 break-out sessions, discussion with students over their competition entries, lunch, raffle tickets, and fun with mathematics!
Enjoy 3 separate break-out sessions. One will revolve around the problem asked for this year's student competition and will be based on grade level. Select two more sessions from our list of break-outs all based on grade level and personal interest. View more details on breakout sessions.
Student Competition and Exhibit
Teachers are invited to have students (grades 3rd-12th) enter into our student competition. Winning entries will be exhibited as part of the conference and the winning students are invited to attend to showcase their thinking to solve the problem. Get more information on our Student Competition page.
2019 SAME Conference Schedule
|9:30-10:00am||Welcome & Ignite Talks|
|10:05-11:05am||Break-out Session #1|
|11:10-12:10pm||Break-out Session #2|
|12:10-1:00pm||Lunch, Door Prizes, & Networking|
|1:00-1:40pm||A Look at Student Competiton Problems|
|1:45-2:05pm||Student Competition Exhibits|
|2:05-2:30pm||Award Ceremony & Dessert|
The Ignite Talks were so popular last year, we're bringing them back for 2019! Ignite talks is a series of presentations where each speaker has five minutes to talk about a topic that they are passionate about, accompanied by 20 slides that automatically advance every 15 seconds. Intrigued? See an example of an Ignite Talk below! This year we will have Ignite Talks by Scott Farrand, Joe McLean, Deb Stetson, and Julie Swenson. .
Paying via Purchase Order
How to Pay via Purchase Order:
If you already have a purchase order:
- Download a registration form
- Fax or email registration form and PO to (916) 278-5084 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mail the original PO to the MASE Office (address is on the registration form)
If you do not already have a purchase order:
- Have your principal or district office (whoever has approved payment) email Debbie Dennick at email@example.com confirming that they have approved payment.
- Fax your registration form to (916) 278-5084 or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
- When you receive the PO fax it to the above number
- Mail the original PO to the MASE Office (address is below and on the registration form)
Certificates of Attendance Signed forms will be available following the close of the conference.
Contact Debbie Dennick (email@example.com) or at (916) 278-4497